Do you want to know my secret to winning Mega Millions? Trust me, everybody does. For those of you who are not aware, Mega Millions is a lottery that is done here in the United States and it was up to $640 million dollars this past Friday. The reason this is important is because people spent more than $1.4 billion dollars on these tickets.
Now, as for my secret to winning Mega Millions.
You need to stop buying lottery tickets and instead invest the money in a penny stock or an IPO (Initial Public Offering) that has some promise.
How do you know which stocks have some promise? Well, you don’t but why would that stop you when you just bought a Mega Millions Lottery ticket without any clue as to what the numbers would be.
Do you have any idea what your odds where of winning the Mega Millions?
Your wonderful odds (I write this with a grin) were 1 in 174 million. Do you like those odds? Well, I know that a bunch of people liked those odds because they were the ones duped into buying the tickets. Now, as I was saying – you could buy a bunch of penny stocks or IPO’s instead.
What would be the benefit of this?
The truth is that your odds would be much greater in picking a up and coming penny stock than they are in picking the Mega Millions Lottery numbers and that is why I recommend it.
Ok, now enough with the Mega Millions. I am sure we will all hear enough about it this week anyways since there were 3 winners. And for those of you who are wondering – No, I didn’t buy a Mega Millions Lottery ticket.
This article is actually a little different in the sense that I am putting two articles into one. The reason I am doing this is because it is the first day of the month and I wanted to talk about my goals for last month and how I did and reveal my new goals for this month. Before I get to the goals for last month I just wanted to thank Warren over at PLRinternetmarketing for pushing me along the way.
You will see from the picture below that most of my goals I hit. The goals that I reached are in red while the goals that I didn’t reach are in blue. Following the picture I will tell you a few things about how I accomplished my goals are why I didn’t (no, not excuses and you will see why).
- I was able to increase my blog traffic by 66.5% over the course of this month and I am very proud about that number. I was able to do this with guest posts, blog commenting and a huge amount of backlinks.
- My adsense income also increased, it wasn’t as high as 66.5% but it wasn’t too bad at 28.8%. This was attributed to my increase in traffic as well as higher paying keywords that I targeted.
- I created 2 newsletters in this month. One of which I had given out to everybody already and another on that will be going live in the next few days.
- Again, with the increase in traffic I was able to increase my blog subscribers. The point of doing this is to gain a following as well as help as many people as I can. If you haven’t already subscribed to DormRoomCash, then you can do so by filling out the box on the sidebar.
- This is one of the goals that I didn’t finish but that is my fault. I didn’t remember that there weren’t even 25 weekdays in this month and because of that I only published 22 blog posts. I was thinking about publishing 2 over the weekend but I didn’t think it would have been a good use of my time as I had other things that I wanted to accomplish as well.
- I write 15 guest posts this month but only 9 were published.
- I reached my Twitter goal by using guest posts and press releases so I am proud of that.
- The same goes for Facebook as I did with Twitter. One thing I did in addition here was commented on a lot of other pages just to get my name out there.
- I have conducted a few interviews, however, there are not live and that was what I wanted to have happen. So, yes I did accomplish my goal but I am not counting it because it is not live and therefore you can’t see it. Just so you know, one interview with Eric from My4hrworkweek will be live tomorrow, so check it out.
- I actually built 7 niche sites this month, all of which are making a little bit of money each day.
- My niche sites were really going good this month and because of that I wrote 38 new posts for them, which is more than the 30 that I had planned on writing.
- My home improvement site is not ranking #1 yet, however, it moved up from #9 to #3 so I am happy to see some improvements there.
- My Alexa rank is slowly starting to go down, I wish it would drop faster but any progress is still progress, so I can’t complain.
- I shattered my backlink goal for this month. Each post that I write received at least 30 backlinks and I build a bunch more. My rough calculation was that I create 1300 backlinks this month.
- My business plan was actually created the day after my goals came out and I wanted to get that out of the way because it was something I was putting off each month.
- The press releases went really well as you can see from my Twitter and Facebook numbers. I also did a third press release for my article title – How To Think Like A Millionaire
- My income stayed roughly the same because another one of my sites dropped of the search engines a little bit.
- I have 1 new writing client and I am talking with 2 more but until they give me work I will not count them as a client just yet.
- One thing that I really wanted to do this month was to work less than 20 hours per week. I came really close to not achieving this goal but luckily I was able to make it at an average of 19.75 hours per week.
- And yes, my taxes are done and that is a big relief.
Since my last month was a fairly big success, I want to keep the momentum going a little bit with a new set of goals. Am I going to build a bunch of backlinks, not in the same way. Am I going to build more niche sites, not that I plan on doing but who knows.
My Goals For April
- Publish 50 guest posts.
- Create 200 blog comments.
- Publish 21 posts here.
- Create 10 Web 2.0 links.
- Get home improvement site to #1.
- Get home relocation site to #1
- Get bathroom design site to #1.
- Work less than 20 hours per week.
- Increase Facebook Subscribers to 3,500
- Increase traffic here by 10%
- Increase Subscribers by email – You really should opt to get my blog posts delivered directly to your email address by clicking here.
As you can see, my goals are all laid out so that I can measure my success. If you have goals of your own I would love to hear about them. Please let me know what your biggest goal for the month of April is so that I can hold you accountable. Also, if you want me to comment on your blog then let me know what it is in the comment section below so that I can head over there and offer my vast amount of expertise.
One other thing, if you want to get all our new blog posts by email, then click here and signup for them.